Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Grant Circle & Sherman Circle




Grant Circle is in Petworth, a relatively poor area of Upper Northwest Washington. I visited Grant Circle on a Sunday afternoon and the circle was all but empty. The first photo shows two of the total of three people in the park, a father out with his son. The father had been talking about what a great tree graced the center of the circle. The third person was a woman who did not want to have her picture taken. I hung around for a while but no one else came to use the park.
I knew that Sherman Circle was only about four blocks away so I went there to see if anyone was about. Zilch! Not one person in Sherman Circle! I just drove around the circle a couple times scoping it out and did not even bother getting out of my car.
I decided a repeat visit was necessary so I went back on Monday at lunch time, stopping at Sherman Circle first. Again, it was deserted. There was one young woman reading a book who did not want to be photographed and two people walking through the Circle while I was there. So, off to Grant Circle which was also deserted. I took a few shots of the empty park and some surrounding buildings. As I was leaving, I noticed a woman walking around the perimeter of the circle. The second photo shows her using an umbrella to shade herself from the blazing hot sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment